It’s the season for giving thanks. Despite the challenges Fort Sanders Regional, Covenant Health and the entire healthcare system have faced since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare workers are still caring for sick people every day. It can be hard to focus on the many blessings in life during this time, but this year some of the staff members from Fort Sanders Regional wanted to share what they’re thankful for. Read some of their reasons below.
I’m thankful for…
- The people and their energy. There are a lot of great role models here.
- Our patients and fantastic staff. It takes a lot of people to make every day possible.
- Patients and seeing the outcomes of the work we do. We have such a supportive staff and leadership. It’s a privilege to come and take care of people every day.
- Doctors who are respectful and top-notch.
- The cleaning and environmental staff.
- Our environment of learning.
- The respiratory therapists and door screeners/ambassadors for their important work.
- Everyone’s great personalities—I love my coworkers.
- My children and to have my job.
- My mom who prays with me.
- Our amazing people who give so much. It’s humbling to hear about our staff going and doing amazing things every day.
- My health and my Fort Family. We support each other. I’m also thankful for the tools God has given me to care for patients.
- My job because a lot of people aren’t as fortunate right now. I did my clinicals here, and I loved this floor so I’m glad to get to work here now.
- Our nurse manager Brandy.
- My dog and my nurse manager Kelly because she advocates for us.
- Coworkers who pull you through the hard days.
- My boss Carol. If it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t be here. She’s been a mentor, and she’s made me a better person. She set me up for success.
- Coworkers and to work at a place that does good work.
- A new career opportunity when I came to work at the hospital earlier this year and the care that I received when I was a patient here.
- My dogs, best friend and family. I love seeing the impact that my work can have on both staff and patients as we all go through this difficult time.
- Mercy, grace and forgiveness
- This organization for continuing to take care of us during the pandemic.
- My faith, family and health. I am blessed for becoming part of Fort Sanders Regional knowing that this is where God placed me 3 years ago.
What are you thankful for this season? Let us know by sharing what you’re thankful for on our Thanksgiving Facebook post.