Your little one is on the way, and you want the best care possible. With either routine or high-risk pregnancies, at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center, we have the physicians and experience you need to deliver your baby:
- A newly renovated Maternity Services area
- Skilled, experienced obstetricians/gynecologists who deliver more than 3,000 babies a year.
- Fort Sanders Perinatal Center
- Teddy Bear University’s pre- and post-natal education classes
We make your baby’s first experience beautiful…
Moms delivering at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center enjoy newly renovated maternity facilities:
- Five triage rooms for women experiencing problems or signs of early labor
- 7 ante-partum suites for women who need extended hospital stays before delivery
- 12 labor and delivery suites, complete with showers or whirlpools for maximum comfort during labor
- 7 LDRP suites, for mothers preferring to labor, deliver, recover and welcome their newborns all in the same room
- 33 post-partum rooms, where new moms can recover and greet loved ones
- Attractive décor, comfortable furniture, gorgeous views of mountains, rooftop gardens or downtown Knoxville
- Renovated nursery – actually three in one!
- A well-baby nursery
- Observation nursery for babies who need extra attention
- Isolation nursery
- Redecorated family waiting area, surgical suites and conference rooms.
Skill and Experience
At Fort Sanders Regional, we have more physicians and deliver more babies than any other facility in the area. In addition, your specialty staff includes:
- Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Perinatologists (specializing in the prenatal care of women with complex medical and/or obstetrical conditions)
- Neonatologists (specializing in the care of newborn babies)
- Certified nurse midwives
- Certified nurse practitioners
- Certified nurse anesthetists
- Certified clinical nurse educator
- Certified lactation consultants
- Social worker
- Certified registered nurses
Whether in labor and delivery, classes or support groups, you’re always in good hands at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center.
For more information about Fort Sanders Women’s Services, please call (865) 673-FORT.