Infusion services are provided in many different settings. At Fort Sanders Regional, we offer both ambulatory and home services.
This service is provided in a medical setting that helps patients receive needed intravenous medications in an outpatient environment. Patients come in to one of three Infusion Centers located in Knoxville or neighboring Oak Ridge.
Fort Sanders Regional Ambulatory Infusion Centers are located at:
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center, 3rd floor — focuses on a host of IV medications and fluids
- Fort Sanders Regional Infusion Services at Oak Ridge – providing a full range of infusion services
- Fort Sanders Regional Infusion Services at Lenoir City – a full-service infusion center
- In addition, patients at Fort Sanders Regional also have access to infusion treatments at TCSC Downtown.
- Thompson Infusion Services Downtown, a department of LeConte Medical Center – a full-service infusion center.
With advances in technology, many types of infusion therapy can be delivered in the patient’s home. Clinical pharmacists and nurse consultants are specially trained in home infusion therapy and work together with the physician to develop a plan of care for the patient. Patients and caregivers also receive education about their treatment plan to help them become as independent as possible. Home infusion therapies include:
- Alpha 1 Antitrypsin Therapy
- Antibiotics, Antivirals and Antiprotozoals
- Biological Response Modifiers
- Corticosteroid Therapy
- Growth Hormone Therapy
- Hydration and Antiemetics
- Immunoglobulin Therapy
- Injectable Medications
- Inotropic Therapy
- Pain Management
- Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition