The Fort Sanders Weight Management and Nutrition Center empowers individuals to achieve a healthy lifestyle through sustainable life-long changes in diet, physical activity and personal health management. The Fort Sanders Weight Management and Nutrition Center’s medically supervised approach offers each patient an individualized weight loss plan tailored to their needs.
Our program is designed for adults with a BMI of 27 or greater who need to lose moderate to significant amounts of weight.
- Therapeutic diet education for chronic health conditions, including diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease, and heart disease
- Nutrition counseling for weight management
- Bariatric surgery nutrition and insurance consultations
- Weekly meetings with our nurse practitioner
- Monthly support groups and health education classes
- Lab testing
- Optional B12 injections
Patients are supervised by a weight loss team that includes a physician, nurse practitioner, dietitian. and exercise physiologist. Our staff of certified obesity and weight management professionals are among only a handful of such specialists in the state of Tennessee.
Dana Webber, MSN, NP-C, CBN
Rachel Ignomirello, MS, RDN, LDN
Mark A. Colquitt, MD, FACS, FASMBS
James P. Howell, D.O.