COVID-19 Pandemic Restrictions
Our priority in critical care is to provide excellent care to our patients while keeping you and your family members involved. Although the current COVID-19 pandemic has caused us to enact stricter guidelines for the health and safety of our patients, staff and visitors, we strive to allow families as much time together during a patient’s stay. Let’s work together to allow your loved one proper privacy and continued healing.
- Please designate one care partner. The Designated Care Partner will be the person who can call the unit and receive updates from the nurse and provider.
- Prior to entering the unit, visitors are required to be screened at the screening stations located at each designated hospital entrance. After 5 pm, all visitors must enter through the Emergency Department off Laurel Avenue (across from the Laurel Avenue Parking Garage). Visitors may take the CAM elevators to floors 4 and 5.
- All visitors must wear a mask at all times while in the hospital. Additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may also be deemed necessary while in the patient room – the nurse can answer any questions about necessary PPE.
- Only one visitor will be allowed to visit at a time for the entire hospitalization. This representative must be noted with the nurse on admission. No one under the age of 18 will be allowed to visit. Exceptions will be made for end-of-life circumstances, at the physician’s discretion.
- The nurse may need to limit visitation and ask you to step out of the room in certain circumstances, including a change in the patient’s condition. This will be at the nurse’s discretion.
- We encourage “Quiet Time” from 2:00-4:00 p.m. daily. This allows your loved one to rest with minimal interruptions.
- Always wash your hands with soap and water or utilize the hand sanitizer provided when entering or leaving the room.
- In order to protect patient privacy, please remain in the patient room when visiting. If you need the nurse, please call the number provided on the communication board.
- Photography and videography are strictly prohibited.