Infusion services are provided in many different settings. At Fort Sanders Regional, we offer both ambulatory infusion services and home infusion services.
Ambulatory infusion is the service provided in a medical setting that helps patients receive needed intravenous medications in an outpatient environment. Patients come in to one of three Infusion Centers located in Knoxville and neighboring Oak Ridge.
Fort Sanders Regional Ambulatory Infusion Centers are located at:
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center, 3rd floor — focuses on a host of IV medications and fluids
- Fort Sanders Regional Infusion Services at Thompson Cancer Survival Center — providing many of the chemotherapy medications for cancer patients
- Fort Sanders Regional Infusion Services at Oak Ridge - providing a full range of infusion services
- Fort Sanders Regional Infusion Services at Lenoir City - a full-service infusion center
- Thompson Infusion Services — a department of Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center — providing a full range of infusion services in the Maryville community
- Thompson Infusion Services West - a department of Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center - located at the Thompson Cancer Survival Center West office, on Sherrill Boulevard.
With advances in infusion technology, many types of infusion therapy can be delivered in the patient's home. Clinical pharmacists and nurse consultants are specially trained in home infusion therapy and work together with the physician to develop a plan of care for the patient. Patients and caregivers also receive education about their treatment plan to help them become as independent as possible. Home infusion therapies include:
- Alpha 1 Antitrypsin Therapy
- Antibiotics, Antivirals and Antiprotozoals
- Biological Response Modifiers
- Corticosteroid Therapy
- Growth Hormone Therapy
- Hydration and Antiemetics
- Immunoglobulin Therapy
- Injectable Medications
- Inotropic Therapy
- Pain Management
- Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition